Jul 23, 2019
“Fear is your friend. Your greatest joy, success and
happiness are on the other side of the things that scare you
In this compelling episode, Steven Kotler, best-selling author
of Stealing Fire, as well as one of the world’s leading
experts on high performance, shares the secret habit that all
individuals who achieve 'the impossible' have in common. He talks
about the neurological reactions behind the ‘flow state’, and its
effects on performance as well as the future of humanity and the
importance of empathy to save the planet.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What was your path to become a writer? Did you always want to
- Is creativity a gift you’re born with or can it be taught?
- What exactly is flow? Why is it important for performance?
- Are there any specific routines that you have to be more
- Was there a time where you felt like giving up? What kept you
going during that dark period of time?
- As you look at the world today, what scares you, what concerns
you and what excites you most?
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- One key habit that will help your creativity.
- 3 crucial things that happen in your brain during flow and how
it impacts your performance.
- 4 important keys that trigger flow.
- How to move through the need for external validation.
- The importance of empathy for the future of humanity.
- One key habit people who have accomplished the impossible have