Oct 1, 2019
“It’s not really the economic devices, but
the story that we tell ourselves that determines whether we rise or
Episode Summary: In this touching episode
Martha Beck, New York Times best-selling author and monthly
columnist for O, The Oprah Magazine, shares how she found
the courage to break away from her birth religion as well as
sharing her inspiring lessons from being the mother of a
down-syndrome child. She talks about the importance of living in
integrity to fulfilling your purpose and how the stories we tell
ourselves are the key to achieving success.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What led to your journey of becoming an author?
- Was there a moment when you knew that this was your
- What would you say to a person who wants to find their purpose?
Are there any first steps to connect with to find out what they are
truly here to do?
- What gave you the courage to break away and make your own
- What lessons have you learned from being a mother to a
In This Episode You Will Learn:
- How to navigate fear and move through it.
- A key practice to cultivate compassion.
- How to shift your limiting story to an empowering
- The importance of integrity in finding your purpose.
- How to move through needing other people’s approval and